Fri Jul 04 19:20:00 UTC 2025: **Mets Shake Up Lineup, Lindor Responds with Big Game After All-Star Nod**
NEW YORK – Just hours after being elected as the National League’s starting shortstop for the All-Star Game, Francisco Lindor found himself in a new spot in the New York Mets’ batting order. After 191 consecutive starts leading off, Lindor was moved to second for Wednesday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers as the Mets looked to break a four-game losing streak.
The shakeup proved immediately successful. Brandon Nimmo, back in the leadoff spot, launched a grand slam in the second inning against Brewers’ rookie Jacob Misiorowski. Lindor followed with a home run of his own, and added an RBI single and an RBI double later in the game. The Mets won the game 7-3.
Lindor, who has been slumping recently, emphasized his willingness to do whatever the team needs. “Whatever it takes to win,” he said. “I don’t have to hit in one place. I’ll hit wherever the team thinks is the best thing.”
Manager Carlos Mendoza praised both Lindor and Nimmo for their positive attitudes. “When you’re talking about two really good players, for me as a manager to make those types of decisions, it’s a lot easier when they’re all-in,” Mendoza said.
The lineup change came as Lindor was mired in a slump, batting just .133 in his previous 15 games. Nimmo, who previously held the leadoff spot, expressed similar sentiments to Lindor, stating, “Whatever helps us win, that’s what I’m down for.”
Despite the Mets’ recent struggles, the team is 49-38 on the season. Lindor’s All-Star selection marks his first in five seasons with the Mets and his first time being elected as a starter. He previously made four All-Star teams with Cleveland. Lindor expressed his excitement and pride in the honor.